I often get requests to explain my coaching program and approach. This article is intended to address those inquiries. My coaching is designed to facilitate individual growth in the context of meeting organizational objectives. The coaching process involves a precise method for assessing needs, targeting goals and mapping progress. I use specific strategy and action planning that leads to performance breakthroughs that are measurable and linked to organizational needs. Following are more details on my coaching program process.
- Build rapport and establish agreements for the coaching relationship
- Discuss personal strengths, skills, desired growth areas, stressors and key challenges
- Address dimensions of client’s leadership position, surrounding circumstances, team dynamics, and strategic intentions
- Distribute objective assessments (such as The Emotional Quotient Inventory, a customized 360, or others) and communicate feedback to enhance client’s self awareness
- Interview others to affirm client’s strengths, most important development needs and the greater organizational issues
- Determine specific goals, which may include: personal development, targeted leadership behaviors, business skills and measurable organizational outcomes
- Design a development plan with specific actions, learning curriculum, time-frame and measures
Coach and Monitor Results
- Coach, support and advise
- Typical structure is to meet twice per month
- Involve client’s boss when possible to give feedback on progress
- When coaching program comes to an end, all accomplishments are acknowledged, both the developmental and behavioral as well as the bottom-line business results achieved
- Client is engaged in a “what’s next” process to implement growth on-going.
Please contact me if you would like more information on my coaching program.